Sunday, July 24, 2011

Things have been quiet here on the blog but that's about the only place there's been any quiet around here.  I won't bore you with the non-fiber portion of life except to say it's trying to take over.  I'm trying to put up a good fight but I'm not entirely sure I'll win.

I have been able to make a little progress on some projects and have even finished a few.  Well, one.

This is the silk, merino, cashmere lace weight I spun on my Ashford drop spindle.  I didn't have too much of it so I ended up making this little neckwarmer which I loved so much that I hated to give it away.  It was like air.  Love it.

I did manage to make a little progress on my Tour de Fleece project (although I'm pretty sure the Tour de France is probably over by now - I haven't even had a chance to check).  I'm processing a Polypay fleece.  I finally got about half of it washed and this morning was able to start carding it up:
All those beautiful little rolags!  I've started the spinning but haven't gotten very far.  I'm spinning it long draw and have a feeling it's going to be lovely and light and wonderful.

No comments: