I’ve almost finished my Roman Stripe Stole (although I’ve just started on Antony and Cleopatra). I had some olive beads that matched the yarn perfectly so I’ve worked them into the borders on each end. Funnily enough, when I was looking for a simple edging for the end, the one I came up with is the one that’s used on the ponchette. I think it works fine, though I have adapted it slightly. It does need to be blocked a little bit but I really like the weight of the beads on the end.
I left this picture large so if you click on it, you’ll see the beads on the end.
I really like this pattern and just wish it wasn’t so hot and humid so I could wear it! I love how it worked up in the lace weight linen. I never knew I would enjoy knitting with linen so much. I had to get a second cone of it so it looks like I will use about 650 yards or so. I have another cone in the same yarn in a Chinese red color. I did a little purse with the 2 colors and I like the combination so I'll have to work out a shawl using the 2.
Oh, by the way, I did this on US size 5/3.75mm needles.