I don't know where I'll use it but I'm thrilled at how it came out. I can't wait to start a new project. The thread I used was Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread in Extra Fine size 30. It's the first time I've used it and it worked great for tatting. Not all crochet thread is great for tatting because it's not always plied tightly enough but this worked great. It's a nice size and feels great.
On the big next to last round, it took 4 full bobbins to get all the way around. The easiest thing to do was to wind the bobbins from a second ball and keep the first ball attached. That way I only had the one end to work in as I went. This is definitely the largest tatting project I've ever attempted. Now I'm going to my Work Basket magazines for another!