Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

I should have done something clever to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the blog but to be honest, I forgot and then it got late so I'll just acknowledge the milestone and then go watch "In Plain Sight" which I missed most of last night.

I didn't get my backpack felted but I did get 2 lace projects started.

The first one is a book project with the Ravelry Shakespeare group. We're reading Antony & Cleopatra and knitting Egyptian/Roman inspired things. I found a lace pattern in Barbara Walker's Second Treasury called Roman Stripe. I have some olive green linen left from another project so I'm using that along with some olive colored beads.

The second is an EZ Pi Shawl but it's being made with Habu wool/stainless steel that's about the size of sewing thread. I'm working it on US size 5 needles (3.75mm) and I really like the effect.

So here's to another year!

No comments: