Friday, June 20, 2008

At the movies

Do you knit at the movies? I do. I don’t actually go to the movies often but when I do I want some big ole fat idiot knitting with me. This usually means a felted bag or something similar. I don’t even know how long ago I started this bag using Plymouth Outback wool and mohair yarns. I love these because you can get the wool and mohair in the same colorways. I’ve made a purse using both together with the colorway synced up which was lovely but for this one, although it started with both strands together became stripes of the wool and mohair.

A while back I got the book called
Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski. One of the big pattern elements for bags is external pockets. This got me thinking about how I could incorporate these into this bag. As I started those, then I suddenly thought this must actually need to be a felted backpack. It all just sort of happened organically until I ended up with this:

I really like it but I don’t know how it will felt. Guess we’ll find that out this weekend!

No comments: