Friday, May 23, 2008

Spinning

I haven’t been spinning much lately but the siren song of the wheel has been calling me. I finally got this out the other day and started spinning it on one of my homemade drop spindles. The fiber is pretty wonderful – it’s an alpaca(from Carlisle)/silk/merino mix in a cloud roving from Kickapoo Creek Alpacas. I spun about 4 oz of this in white a couple of years ago and made a scarf with it. It’s the softest, cozies stuff you can imagine. It doesn’t show so well here but the color is a deep, rich gray with highlights and it is gorgeous beyond belief.

I’ve got a new pattern in mind for this but I’ll have to see how much I get from it. I think I’ve got about 3 ½ - 4 oz. I do still have one small skein of the white so maybe I could work that in. It really does make the most gorgeous yarn you’ve ever felt.

No comments: