Thursday, May 22, 2008

My thistle is beginning to show...

The Balmoral coffee cloth from the Marianne Kinzel “Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting” is coming along, not quickly but it’s coming. In fact, last night I thought I was in trouble when I dropped a stitch along the side of one of the thistles. I was able to pick it up but it doesn’t look great. I also made a mistake along the top part of a couple of the thistles but I can live with it, especially since I know this isn’t the final product. I really don’t think many people will even notice the issues and, like I said, I can live with it.

I did find a mistake in the pattern on round 53. Round 51 ends up with 42 stitches but the pattern only uses 41 stitches for round 53. To be honest, I can’t remember where I added the stitch but I will post again when I get to that point with the next version.

Here are some views of it so far…

No comments: