Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I have a plan

I have a plan to make a bobbin lace fan. 

It's been on my list for several years now but I haven't had the skills up to this point. Not that I'm sure I have them now but every once in a while I start it to see how far I can get. If I can get through the first section I should be able to do the whole thing. 

This time I thought I'd do a smaller project to practice the trails and fans. The transitions between the two elements are what gave me a problem the last time I tried it so it seemed like a good thing to practice with 14 pairs of bobbins instead of 28 pairs. 
Plus I get this fetching little piece at the end of it!

I've finished 4 fans and 5 legs of the trail. Of those, I've had to undo and redo 2 fans and 7 legs of the trail. Yes, that means that some of the had to be undone and redone more than once. Sigh...  Maybe I've got it now. 

No comments: