Sunday, June 15, 2008

Surprise!

I’ve been wanting to do the Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise sweater for the longest time. I even started it once a while back but didn’t concentrate enough to get the hang of it. If you’ve never heard of this baby sweater, it’s a little origami with knitting. Here’s a picture of the finished piece before it’s folded. Looks like a lot of nothing, doesn’t it?

Then, with just a flick and a fold, it becomes this:


I tell you the woman was a bloomin’ genius. What sort of mind comes up with this? Genius.

I got my new fiber from Halcyon. The same UPS guy delivers to my office that delivers to my home so when he came to the office Friday, I asked him if he’d delivered back here yet. He hadn’t but he was able to go ahead and give me my box so I wouldn’t have to try to get to the office before they close.

It is the darker color like what I’m working with now but it has more lighter color blended in so I think it will look really nice plied with the current color.

No comments: