Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Cake from the Past

Just a quick report from Dianna’s test kitchen. I tried the Chocolate Potato Cake mentioned below and I’ve got to tell you, it ain’t half bad! Mine did turn out a little crumbly but I think I got too much flour into the batter or else I should have actually mixed milk and butter into my mashed potatoes. I didn’t because there was already milk and butter in the batter. I used all-purpose flour and I think if I decrease that amount a little, it would be great. I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, in case you want to try it. It’s definitely chocolatey. Actually, it might be good with a little sour cream mixed in for more moisture. The batter was a very interesting almost mousse-like consistency when I put it into the pans. I used a smaller cake pan and a round cake pan because I realized I had no regular size pan (shows you how much baking I do!) but it really could have made 3 round cakes that could be stacked and iced. I didn’t ice mine because I don’t like icing but it would make a good pot-luck bring.

No comments: