Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This makes me happy

I finished my #roserootmkal shawlette made with handspun Merino/cashmere yarn. 
There were a few adventures with it. I ran out of yarn 1/2 way thru the edging (which I expected).  I had spun the main yarn knowing that I didn't quite have the yardage I would need. That was one reason I decided to make the full shawl with the red (of which I had plenty) and the smaller version with this. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have had enough fiber to spin for the whole shawl. 

What I didn't expect was to run out again about 2 inches from the end. I can't say how many times I've eked out a project, sometimes with just inches of yarn left. No such luck this time. Guess this is the evening up of all those close wins!

But I made the mistake of trying to spin the last bit of yarn while watching the #Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies. I may have gotten a wee bit too much twist in as I treadled to the battle and washed the yarn in my tears at the end.  But I got it done and am thrilled with it. It's just the right length you would want for a shawlette but I still need to block it. 

But since we're supposed to have a high today of 68 degrees (in the middle of July - what?!?) I was able to wear it and bask in its coziness and softiness. 
Want one of your own?  You can find the pattern here: 
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roseroot-2. Thanks for the beautiful pattern, Rohn!

No comments: