Saturday, July 25, 2015

Leftovers

Sometimes leftovers are the best part. When I spun the yarn for my #Roseroot shawlette, I had 2.1 ounces (61 grams) of the merino/cashmere fiber left over. I wasn't really sure what to do with it.

I figured that if I spun it very light lace weight, at least that would give me the most yarn to work with. 

I spun and I spun and I spun until I wound up with this.
Then I plied and I plied and I got this. 
The thing with spinning with a fine wool like merino is that it's super crimpy. That means that, while I ended up with 406 yards of finished plied yarn, after it was washed and dried, it came to 377 yards of finished yarn (2,872 yds/lb). 

Not knowing that got me into trouble a few times when I thought I had plenty of yarn for a project only to end up short 
If I hadn't gotten bored, I probably could have gotten even more yardage but I'm happy with how it turned out. 

Now what to do with it…

No comments: