Friday, May 1, 2015

Spring

Spring is about all things becoming new again. In the spirit of spring, last night I found this.
It's a metal box I got one Christmas that I found was generally perfect for tatting projects - long enough for crochet hook and deep enough to hold most balls of cotton and sturdy enough to protect the shuttle. 

Inside I found a tatted doily project is forgotten about. 

That's the pattern and this is how far is gotten.

Fourth round. The second round was the hardest and I don't have far to go so now it's a new project that's on my list for this weekend. Now that I've got the split rings thing down, it will go soooo much faster.

That gives me simply 3 projects for the weekend. 
1.  Tatted doily 
2.  Bobbin lace miniature flower for necklace

(Magnified view - I'm now in the second half of the 3rd flower). Working with yellow Gutermann's silk thread. So yummy, I can't even tell you.
3.  First installment of Rohn Strong's mystery knitalong shawl where I'll have to make my mind up between a 2-ply merino/angora handspun in white (I have 300+ yds but will need to spin more) or a single-ply Blue Faced Leicestet spun from a gorgeous Frabjous Fibers roving in reds/oranges



Hard choice to make. I may just have to do 2 of them!


No comments: