Saturday, March 7, 2015

Learning something new

I learned the basics of the ancient lucet many years ago but I've never done much with it other than the basics. Here's what it looks like. 
This week, through the kind of rabbit trail sort thing that happens when you follow someone on Facebook or Twitter, I found a most fascinating project.

Jennifer Hansen from Stitch Diva Studios posted a blog post on choosing colors. After reading this post I scrolled down to the next post which was all about making a lucet cord with 2 gimps. I had to try it!

(Here's the link to her tutorial page: http://www.stitchdiva.com/tutorials/lucet-tutorials

Her video was superb but it took me watching it about 5 times and having several goes at it (my lack, not hers) before I got the hang of it. 

Here's the project as I finished it this morning:
Depending on the gimps you use, they take on a sort of beaded texture with a knitted-looking stitch on either side. 

Have a look at her video (and do t forget to whizz by her online store) and try something g new today!

No comments: