Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sweet Little Thing

I found the sweetest little baby sweater pattern the other day. Even though I don't have a current baby to knit for, I was pretty sure I would need to knit this one. 
It's from a 1940s Bernat (corrected) booklet and, honestly, how could you not knit that?!

When I was putting some stuff away in the stash, I found the perfect yarn for it but there was one tiny detail I didn't quite think through. The pattern uses a solid yarn and I was using a variegated yarn. 

That means that for each of the pieces I've got to match the stripes for the back. That means a fair few ends to work in once I'm done. If I'd been smarter, I would have worked the pattern in the round. 

But it's definitely going to be worth it in the end. Just need to finish the sleeves, the raglan shaping and the button bands.  Can't wait to see the finished outfit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did that with a baby sweater last year. It also was a very old pattern, top down. It worked out, but I don't know that I would do it again!