Monday, August 18, 2014

The Scottish in me

I've been doing some family research and it's been fascinating to discover where family lore holds up to proof and where not so much. 

I was always told that we were from "Scotch/Irish" stock, especially on my mother's side. I always attributed my lifelong curiosity about Scotland to those inner callings. When I first stepped off a plane in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1983 and immediately felt that I was where I belonged, that, too, I assumed was from that tie. 

It has also been interesting to find that my first ancestors (on both sides of my family) first came to the new world in the early 1700s and came to Texas in the early 1800s. It appears I come by that restless spirit honestly. 

It seems fitting that my first sweater project of the season be an Argyle pattern. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and it's finally coming together. 
The back is going to be green with a single yellow diamond in the middle and there will be a mini-diamond gusset on both sides. 

I'll have to wait until I get there to decide on the pattern for the sleeves, depending on how much yarn I have of each color. I'm kind if thinking of incorporating a diamond lace pattern somewhere on the sleeves. Is that too much?

No comments: