Friday, February 24, 2012

Almost there

Just a quick post before I go learn to play the mountain dulcimer.  I'm officially 3/4 around the edging:
I'm really pleased at how much I'm learning in this project and how it's coming out.  I called it a doily edging but was corrected that it was a hankie edging.  Never mind, for me it's a doily and, if I manage the connection reasonably well at the end, it's going to hang!

Now I'm off to learn how to play this gorgeous instrument properly.  This, in case you don't know, is a mountain dulcimer.  I've just been introduced to it because one of the folks involved with the Folk Art School is a dulcimer maker.  This isn't one of his but I love it.  I love the natural wood look and it has a beautiful tone.  

I can actually play a song and a half.  I can play Amazing Grace and the first half of Danny Boy!  So I'm not doing so bad - hahahaha.  See ya.

1 comment:

CL said...

What lovely lace, and what a lovely dulcimer!

I can't wait to see the finished project, and hear about the lesson(s). You're going to have to entertain us some night at Spin Club, you know! :-D