Friday, March 12, 2010

Ocean Blue

It's been back to spinning.  I've got a couple of projects on the spindles (more about that another day) and one on the Minstrel. 








This is some Louet Northern Lights wool in the colorway, "Ocean Waves."









I got this when I was in Lansing, MI, a while back and I've been dying to get to it.  The wool's not too soft but I love the way this is prepared.  Having the smaller roving makes it so easy to draft. 

Here's what I just took off the wheel:









It's merino spun to 3-ply lace-fingering weight.  I got this several years ago from Outback Fibers.  They have sample packs of merino featuring different colorways, which is a great way to try out the fiber.  As you can see, the colors are great.  The original plan was to spin it as finely as I was able, then ply it with a singles of black but I got impatient and bored! I can be fickle that way, sadly.  Imagine my surprise when I got it plied and it came out like this!  It's Navajo plied ("z" singles/"s" ply).

No comments: