Monday, August 4, 2008

Desert Sunrise (or is it sunset?)

This is one of the skeins I dyed with Wilton cake icing dyes. Remember I said that you never know what you're going to get with some of the colors? This started out with the yarn having been cooked with tea bags. After that, on a third of it I added some brown. It was actually brown, not this sort of ginger, clay sort of color. Then on the other third I added some "Delphinium Blue" which is a lighter blue. It wasn't as strong as I wanted it so I added a bit of regular blue. Here's what happened:

Do you see any blue here other than the flecks of teal? No, because it broke up into pinks and purples and, of course, the teal. Who could have planned this?

Now I like the sample so much, I think I'm just going to keep going and make a nice little scarf. These aren't particularly my colors but I find it so fascinating, I think I'll enjoy it.

No comments: