Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rats.

I was so pleased with myself for finishing the Norwegian gloves. Then when I looked at the post, what was the first thing I saw?

Yep, a great big fat mistake in the beginning of the first glove. Argghhhh…..

I guess the silver lining is that I get to make a new pair and customize them for my Mom. Good for Mom.

I’ve designated this weekend as a weekend to dye. I’ve got a gob of natural colored yarn that I’ve been meaning to dye for a long time. I have a class on beginning lace in early December at the Community College here and I will need to have some yarn for students to buy should they not bring their own. Instead of just getting boring old yarn, I thought it would be nice to do some hand dyed for them. The class is going to be based on working a sampler scarf so this will give them scope to go all out!

It’s been quite a while since I’ve done any dying so I’m pretty excited about getting into it again. I’ll post pictures once I start getting some colors working.

No comments: