Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mark it off...

Finished the Collinette socks...

Opens things up for the next pair. Here's what I'm going to use. I dyed it with the Jacquard Acid Yarn Dyes in sapphire. I did 2 skeins with the sapphire in a pot. There was still dye left in the pot so I added another skein which came out a great jean color. Definitely good value for money!

I was going to use my braided cable pattern but the yarn told me tonight that it wants to be more of a lacy sock so I'll have to give it a think.

I forgot to add this project to the list of on-goings the other day. I'm testing the larger size of my Baby Sailor Suit pattern. The navy one was the original but it's definitely a preemie size. I wanted to test the pattern with the larger size and this jean color yarn. I'm going to need to do some work on the sleeves as well because I wasn't too crazy about how they came out on the original. I think I'll try to finish this on the weekend.

No comments: