Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Applause....

I’ve had a wonderful new experience this year. I’ve always loved watercolor and even dabbed a bit in the past but this year I found a local class that has inspired me to take it up again. I wanted this post to be a way of saying thank you to our teacher, Joan Beeman, and to highlight the work of some of the other students. Below you’ll see a couple of Joan’s paintings and some incredible paintings from one of the other students, Elaine Winans. One of the best things of being part of a group like this is that, not only do you get the instruction part of things, but you also get the inspiration of seeing what other people in the class are doing. It doesn’t matter if they’ve been painting for years or if they are just starting out, you can learn from anyone else that shares your joy and passion for the art.

Just click on the picture and it will open in a larger view.

Here are a couple of Joan’s paintings:

























And here are some of Elaine’s.













































Beautiful, aren’t they?

Thanks, ladies, for sharing these for me to post.

No comments: