Monday, July 30, 2007

The Thumb - Green or ...



Usually plants are not my friends. I like them but they don’t usually like me. My mother used to have to rescue plants from room and bring them back to life. She, of course, has the greenest of thumbs.

So now I have to show you my plants hardy enough to withstand my presence. I wanted to get some plants last year but never really got around to it for a number of reasons. This year, I decided just to go for it and went slightly wild. Of course, I don’t know any of the names of most of them but I have a couple of different types of mint, two different types of lavender, some ivy and some herbs and they’re all still growing. Only 2 of the plants didn’t make it, one because it got caught in the drain from the roof when we were having some heavy rains and one got thirsty when I went on my trip. But I’m just thrilled. My Mom sent me a cartoon called “Get Fuzzy” by Darby Conley. In the first frame, the main character was writing that he couldn’t do anything right. In the second frame, his friend comes in and says, “Hey Poochy, your seeds are actually growing.” “They are?” he replies. The third frame has his friend congratulating him, saying, “You’re officially a mommy.” “It’s so much more wonderful than I could have imagined!” That made me laugh because we are always talking about new plants being new babies.

To projects:

I finished the latest clue for the mystery stole but I don’t have a picture yet. I need to pin it out and block it.

Here is a painting I just finished. The landscape is Seamill, near West Kilbride, in Scotland where I used to live. I love the west coast of Scotland. It’s so wild and so beautiful. (Yikes - I'll have to post the picture tomorrow. Forgot to bring it with me.)

I’ve started a pair of socks with the green Trekking yarn. Love it, LOVE IT! It’s 75% wool/25% bamboo. Just lovely.



I need to do my homework for my Stitches class. Oooooooohhhhh....I can't wait, I can't wait. I'm doing a 2-day class on a Danish pattern called Skrå-trøjer. It's only 2 weeks away.

No comments: