Saturday, September 11, 2021

HIghlights

The last few years have been challenging for sure and that has resulted in no posts to the blog.  Although it's been a challenging time, it's also been productive in a textile sense.  Posting to Instagram has been my shortcut to sharing projects which has been helpful with the other things going on in life but it doesn't allow me to provide as much context as blog posts do.  I'm now feeling a desire to return to posting so I thought the most fitting return would be a sort of highlight reel of the last few years.  

So I'll do a short series of projects in the posts following:

Tambour projects: Tambour beading and embroidery has been one of the joys of my creative life and the purse has been the most magical palette. 

Embroidery: Who knew there were so many techniques in embroidery?  I had no idea until I started delving into it.  I've been trying as many of them as I could find instructions for.  My favorites?  Hard to say really. 

Bobbin and needlelace: Yet another world of creativity, with so many rabbit holes to disappear down.

Miscellaneous projects: As a confirmed dabbler, there's always something new to try.


No comments: