Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lacy Garden

I've finally gotten some things accomplished around here.  Including this:














This is the second 4 ounces of the Blue Faced Leicester roving.  I loved the fiber spun into a 3-ply sock yarn but I thought I wanted to see what it would look like spun 2-ply in a lace weight.  With the 3-ply, it was plied in a way to keep the colors flowing.  With the 2-ply, as you can see, the colors are mixed, giving it more of a 'tweed' look.  I don't know if that's really the right term but it's what I'm calling it!  But when it's knitted, it will still have the flow of colors in the background. 

You can see the size of the finished yarn in this pic.  I got about 600 yards out of the 4 ounces.















It's now been set aside until it decides what it wants to be but I"m hoping it's going to be a lacy shawl.

No comments: