Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Progress

I’ve made some progress on the Opera Hood. Enough progress that I was modeling it to a group at knit night tonight and suddenly realized that everyone in the café was watching me with this blue and grey thing on my head!

Never mind. I’m still very pleased with it so far. This is a picture after a light blocking. In this yarn and gauge it’s too small for me but would certainly fit a young girl. The blocking, as it always does for lace weight, causes it to make sense.

The grey sections you see at the top will form the place where they will be tied at the neck which will make the side sections fall over the shoulders. The bottom of the grey triangle will fall down the back.

I have the tip of the lining yet to make and then the top section to figure out. So far, so good, I think.

No comments: